Art is a transformative experience that changes behavior and habits.
– Cindy Chin, CEO & Founder
The Washed Ashore Project is an educational, community art project and traveling exhibit that brings awareness to the pressing problem of marine debris in our oceans. Art is a transformative experience to change behavior and habits. The exhibit was showcased at The Marine Mammal Center in Sausalito, CA, but it didn’t have a clear marketing or fundraising strategy to take the next steps.
In August 2011, CLC Advisors, LLC partnered with Sullivan Street Designs, Productive Concepts International, and Senta Creative to create a global tour and to develop a branding and marketing strategy for The Washed Ashore Project. After a needs assessment and analysis of combined network partners and corporate sponsors, it was determined to launch a global awareness campaign and tour as part of The AC Healthy Ocean’s Project at The America’s Cup.
Specific campaign and launch strategy included:
- Increase awareness visually in recycling and motivate behavioral changes through the art as a transformative experience.
- Drive fundraising, branding and marketing using traditional marketing techniques and social media to attract new donor pools, government and corporate sponsors.
- Inspire science and environmental reform in companies and individuals worldwide.
- Promote art in this medium.
If successful, the campaign launch and tour would pave the way for Washed Ashore to build relationships, increase visibility, and raise funds on a global level.
- Funds were raised to support the Washed Ashore Project’s tour launch and raised awareness.
- Procurement partners were acquired to help store and transport the art from Marin County to San Diego.
- The global awareness campaign and tour was successfully launched at The America’s Cup World Series races in San Diego, CA from November 16-20, 2011, as part of The AC Healthy Ocean Project.
- Engagement of global business leaders in finance, aviation, environment, and the military to support the launch in the Healthy Ocean’s Project at The America’s Cup in San Diego, CA.
- The Washed Ashore Project exhibit was at The Chula Vista Center in southern California from December 2011-September 2012.
- The Washed Ashore Project was highlighted at the Our Ocean Summit at the U.S. Department of State in September 2016.
About The Washed Ashore Project
The Washed Ashore Project is an educational community art project and traveling exhibit that brings awareness to the pressing problem of marine debris in our oceans. Art is a transformative experience. The global awareness campaign launched with the intent to change behavior and habits.